Michelle Kim Strassburg was born in Korea and immigrated to Southern California at the age of 10. Michelle graduated first in her major from the University of California, Berkeley. After college, she interned for the United States Congressional Research Service in Washington D.C. providing policy analysis to both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Thereafter, she stayed in Washington D.C. working as an economic analyst for a Big Five accounting firm.
After four years in Washington D.C., Michelle returned to Los Angeles to attend UCLA School of Law and earned her Juris Doctorate degree in 2005. During law school, Michelle served as a judicial extern for the Honorable A. Wallace Tashima, U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit.
At SGW, Michelle works with the trial team in witness preparation and jury selection. Prior to joining the firm she litigated real estate and business disputes and obtained favorable results for her clients at all levels of litigation including trials as lead counsel.
In her spare time, Michelle loves to spend time with her husband Justin K. Strassburg and two children. Michelle also enjoys salsa dancing. Michelle is fluent in Korean. She resides in La Canada Flintridge.
* UCLA School of Law, J.D.
* UC Berkeley, B.A. Political Economy (Graduated First in Major)
* Attorney – Freeman, Freeman & Smiley, LLP (Century City office)
* Attorney – Strassburg, Gilmore & Wei, LLP
* Extern to the Honorable A. Wallace Tashima, U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
* California (2005), State Bar Number 240603
* U.S. District Court, Central District of California
* United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Memberships and Community Involvement:
* USC-Verdugo Hills Hospital, Foundation Board Member
* Community Scholarship Foundation, Board Member
* Kids and Teens Care L.A.- La Canada
* Kiwanis Club of La Canada
* VIP Mentor Program: Honored as “Match of the Year” in 2008
* Citrus College, Guest Lecturer on Real Estate Law
* Berkeley Korean-American Alumni Association, President-elect