We win because we care about YOU, and we care about this community. Our job as trial lawyers is to keep our community safe by holding the wrongdoers that hurt people fully accountable for their dangerous actions.
Here is how we win: We Win with Science & We Win with Preparation.
We Win with Science
We use science to win our cases. We hire the best expert witnesses in the country to conduct scientific analysis to prove the case.
Actual Case 1
In this case, the defendant bus company first claimed that our elderly client tripped by herself. So our accident reconstruction expert and our biomechanical expert analyzed the case by making a computer recreation of the fall by using a Total Station Device which uses lasers to make a 3 dimensional recreation of the space. By overlaying this information on top of the surveillance video we discovered our client had actually been thrown 9.5 feet from the movement of the bus, which meant the bus driver slammed the accelerator down at full throttle before our elderly client could sit down.
Actual Case 2
This is an airbag failure to deploy case, we needed an airbag and restraint system expert, an accident reconstruction expert, and a biomechanical expert to prove that the crash would have been survivable if the airbag had functioned properly. To do this, we needed to figure out the speed at the crash which was done using a Total Station Device to measure the crush data from the vehicle, and then extrapolating the speed and change of velocity (delta-V) from that information.
We use the Best Expert Witnesses
We work with the following experts:
- Experts in Accident Reconstruction
- Experts in Industry Standards and Standard of Care
- Experts in Roadway Design
- Experts in Products Liability
- Experts in Biomechanics (the science of how forces interact with the human body)
- Experts in Medicine: orthopedic doctors, rehab doctors, neurological doctors, radiologists, and mental health specialists
- Experts in Life Care Planning to evaluate your needs for the long term
- Expert Economists to evaluate your Loss of Earnings
- Medical Illustrators to prepare exhibits to show the jury your injuries
- Documentary Filmmakers to show the jurors a Day in your Life
We Win with Preparation
We Prepare with a Thorough Investigation
We leave no stone unturned. We speak personally to every witness, we inspect the scene with experts, subpoena every document, any available video, conduct background checks, hire investigators to conduct surveillance, take depositions of all the defense aligned witnesses, and put the defendant wrongdoer under the microscope.
We Prepare You
We make sure you get the best medical treatment available. If you are happy with your own doctors through your own insurance we will work with them to present the case. If you need a more specialized doctor, or if you need a referral we will provide you with a referral to a doctor we trust will take good care of you. Before the case goes to trial we will spend lots of time preparing you for court, and take time to get to know you on a personal level so we can tell your story.
We Prepare With Focus Groups (Mock Jurors)
We take all the information and show it to focus groups (also called mock jurors) to find out what normal people think about the situation. By the time a case gets to trial we have usually presented it to over 10 different focus groups. What normal people think about a case is important because the people out in the community will be the jurors deciding your case. The other reason it is important is because we want to make sure that the defendant wrongdoer that we are bringing into court is truly the one at fault for the incident.
We conduct focus groups so regularly and systematically that other trial attorneys across Southern California ask us for our help with setting up focus groups.
Why Hire Us?
- We are trial lawyers, not settlement lawyers. Every case we accept is prepared to present to a jury in Court. If a case does settle before trial, it is only because a full and fair offer was made, and our client accepts it. We will never make our clients take an unreasonable settlement.
- SGW had one of the top 10 largest jury verdicts of 2017 in California for motor vehicles cases ranked by ALM’s The Recorder. $7.8 million dollars.
- SGW had the #1 largest construction site accident settlement in California in 2015 according to VerdictSearch. $4.15 million dollars.
- We are members of the multi-million dollar advocates forum. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- SGW lawyers have won the Pasadena Top Lawyer award for 6 years in a row.
- We have a 5-star rating on yelp, and great client testimonials.
- Justin is a member of American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and a graduate of the famous Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer’s College in Wyoming.
- No recovery, no fee.
- Free Consultations.
- We have been in Pasadena for over 10 years since 2007.
- Our staff speak Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, and Korean.